You knew it was coming, it’s time for the packing list post for this big Europe trip I’ve been planning for a year! I tried to keep everything to either my backpack or my cross body convertible bag, and I succeeded pretty well (except for the airplane snacks, but those don’t count).
All of it: Let’s see, we’ve got a backpack, a personal item, and a travel outfit complete with scarf and jacket. It’s pretty warm in most parts of the states still but it’s gonna be chillier in most of the countries I’m visiting in Europe.
Let me just take a minute to talk about this crossbody bag, y’all. It’s straps can be placed in a variety of positions so it can be crossbody, a shoulder bag, a fanny pack, a thigh holster bag (which is my personal favorite), or a backpack! I’m so in love with it and it’s perfect for traveling, concerts, festivals, etc. and any combination thereof. Having a good small bag for a long trip is invaluable.
Crossbody bag contents:
- The generic phone/wallet/keys trio to start with
- Active noise cancellation earbuds – these are amazing, they actually work and they take up So Much Less Space than a headset.
- Earplugs – just in case…
- A packet of tissues
- Mints – I like to have these on hand because they’re good as a distraction if I get anxious on the flight
- Stick of face sunblock
Miscellaneous/Electronics (listed from left to right):
- Tote bag
- Inflatable neck pillow
- Adaptor/Converter plug – This one has two places to plug in USB cords and one place for a regular USA style plug
- PSVita – Currently excitedly playing through Terraria, it’s a great exploration/crafting rpg which is right on theme with the current trip.
- Camera charger
- Any power cords I need
- Foldable water bottle
- Lock for hostel lockers
- Extra plug adaptor
- Foldable bluetooth keyboard
I chose to use packing cubes in order to keep everything in place and easily reachable. I use the largest cube for bottoms and dresses, the medium sized cube for tops, and the smallest cube for underthings/socks and a bathing suit. I also included a pair of sandals good for walking and some shower shoes for the hostels we’ll be staying in.
- Three packing cubes
- Walking sandals
- Shower shoes
- Five short sleeve shirts (plus one pj top not pictured that I remembered to add at the last minute)
- One long sleeve shirt
- One pullover sweatshirt
Bottoms and Dresses:
- Two pairs of jeans
- One pair of jeggings – shown in the first photo in the travel outfit I set aside
- Two pairs of jean shorts
- One pair of pj bottoms
- One skirt
- Two dresses – One flared A line, one stretchy tank dress
- Quick dry towel
- Electric razor
- Makeup/hair things
- Nightguard – yeah I’m one of those
- Hair conditioner – I’ve found that conditioner is usually all I need to clean my hair so I didn’t bother to bring shampoo this time.
- Piercing cleaner
- Mouth wash
- First aid stuff/any needed medications – not pictured
All in all it’s a pretty transportable collection of items, I’ve never felt so much like a turtle carrying its home on its back ❤️
This isn’t goodbye, it’s see you later,